During our inspections, we set up calibrated air pumps, which are used to draw air into a specialized air cassette. We then prepare the samples for microscopic sample analysis, a process that will give us a quantitative result in spores per cubic meter. Your report will let you know how much mold is present and specifically what kinds of mold are present. If a problem exists, a written remediation plan is included.

We have a certified asbestos inspector on staff who can come to you, assess your building materials, and collect samples. However, in most cases, you can collect a sample yourself, put it in a zip-lock bag, and bring it to our facility for analysis. The sample size does not need to be more than the size of a quarter. If it is a tile you need to sample, consider that the glue on the back of the tile could contain asbestos as well.

Mold requires two key factors in order to grow. 1) moisture, 2) a food source. Mold is a living organism and requires food to survive. Mold occurs when there is an organic food source. Think of it this way - if a product was made (or comes) from a tree or animal, it's organic. Inside structures, wood is the primary food source. The other half of the equation is moisture, and this can not only be in the form of liquid but can also be in the form of water vapor (or humidity). When both of these ingredients come together and remain together over 72 hrs., mold growth can occur.

Yes. However, we would need to narrow down the concern. There is no broad panel test that determines every mineral or contaminant in water. The list of potential contaminants in water is long. Determining potential sources of contaminates is necessary to narrow down the testing procedure.

It is possible. Products such as new flooring, cabinetry, painting, or even furniture could be the cause. Many household materials (and furniture) are constructed with what is called Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and will "off-gas" for a period of time after being constructed. Typically, off-gassing occurs prior to the product arriving at your home. VOCs are invisible and often undetectable without testing. We can help you determine if testing for VOCs is warranted.